View Single Post
Old 2012-12-06, 16:25   Link #207
molitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
The thing is,I think people are taking the shortcut "only what Shiina wants matters" because in both options there's people that would benefit from her talents,the manga world could lose a great mangaka if she goes back to painting full time.I know you brought up Michael Jordan earlier,but who's to say she can't be a Bo Jackson and be great at both.
So true..

Others think it's my opinion so maybe it is but I do not think those in England have her best interest at all. If they did they would of tried to have her mature and not treat her as a simpleton that needed a caretaker for every little thing. They strike me on how simple she is they viewed her as nothing more than a tool to create art.

If you want a slave what would you do in this age? Not let them know they were a slave. If they do not know what freedom is how can they know they are a slave? Leaving someone to be as dependent as her in affect creates a slave because she has to rely on someone for everything. It is like the pet bird in the cage that was born and raised in the cage it is the only life it knows and is happy. Everything to me points to that is how she was raised without her best interest at heart.

Maybe a better analogy would be the Killer Whale those born in captivity in the beginning was about nil the wild Killer Whales did not give mate and give birth in captivity they miss the wild but those born in captivity grew up and gave birth to more in captivity. The ones born in captivity knew nothing but that life.

Japan, is the best place for her where she has friends that are helping her to learn how to become more independent and how to really express herself. Teaching her what she should have been learning as a child about the world itself and how to live. Her friends in Japan have her best interest at heart the one thing that did not seem to be the case in England.

I really like this series it really brings out a lot of darkness of the world in many ways, the opinions of people, and a lot of speculation, yet nobody has really flamed each other like so many threads tend to do.