Thread: Licensed Saki manga
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-08, 14:18   Link #2652
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
I guess Ryuuka and Himeko are just competing to see who's powerup is gayer. I suppose why Ryuuka's seems so strange is that there was no warning at all about it, it was just suddenly there, instead of Himeko where it was refereed to from the start.

Ryuuka has been said to have gotten here from her own merit, this is really a way from the author to show moar Toki rather then imply this as one of Ryuuka's skills. Toki did turn out to be far more popular than anyone originally anticipated after all. It's just that Ryuuka's thighs have absorbed Toki essence since she has Toki's head glued to it 20 hours out of the day.
Indeed, I believe that Ritz-sensei is capable of coming up with other ideas for Ryuuka's ability without using Toki telepathy, but then that wouldn't be a surprising as well as touching development would it? Then there is of course adding fuel to TokixRyuuka shippers.

As for Awai, she has been taking quite a lot of hits this chapter effectively droping Shiraitodai to last place. While I'm not fond of this development as it undermines Shiraitodai reputation as the strongest HS, I find Awai is quite similar to Saki in a way, Awai seems like the type that takes her time with her opponents before start getting serious. Then again, she's a little too relax even for a national-class monster. I get it that she loves raising bars on herself and making the match more challenging for her, but things is she isn't playing in the individual match. She plays captain position to boot so she is responsible for her team victory, and how her carelessness can result the whole team losing.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote