View Single Post
Old 2012-04-10, 11:10   Link #329
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
As for Zessica, I think she'll be the focus of the biggest twist. Her being the tree of life wouldn't make a lot of sense (since she's supposedly mortal and the tree of life is... well, the tree of life, besides Wolf's Rain already did the girl-as-the-tree-of-life thing back in what, 2003), but at this point anything is possible. (Plus, if she was a Tree of Life Mykage would be a lot more interested in her...)
I feel like you could say the same thing for her being Sylvie as well, no one has paid any attention to her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
Ep 1: when Kagura's mech is prancing around on the ground Zessica lets go of the controls, clutches herself, and says something along the lines of (ano kedamono no you na ... ikikata? I think it was). To me her reaction seemed out of place, and with my wikipedia-derived superficial knowledge of genesis I thought there might be something to it...(only to have her disappear for many subsequent episodes).

Ep-whatever: during the invasion arc when Zessica blasts Kagura away from Amata and Mikono she's similar got that stiff-body, clenched teeth going on. Obvious interpretation: terrified that Kagura might kill Amata. Possible alternate interpretation: involuntary past-life bad memories surfacing?

This ep: that momentary deer-in-headlights look while Kagura rushes straight past her, with (shock? surprise?) that he just runs by? Obvious interpretation: frightened by frightening situation. Possible alternate interpretation: more past-life memories momentarily bubbling up?
I had forgotten the first episode events but I'm pretty sure you're really stretching the events of Episode 13. That being said, this really is piss poor setting up of her being Sylvie all of a sudden especially in context of Kagura being Apollon as, like we've both said now, he's not so much as batted an eye in her general direction (to many plot holes with how little he's reacted to her, read: not at all, ever).

The only way I can see this twist working out is that, as Mykage said, Jin's actions awaken the Wings of the Sun but in saying this he isn't referring to Amata (which I still find perplexing because Jin's actions didn't do jack with regards to Amata) but is instead referring to Kagura's awakening in Ep.11 which Mykage enabled through Jin or, somehow, Zessica is the wings since she did gain motivation from her fight with Jin. But this twist just leaves me gosh-darned confused:

Zessica and Kagura are actually the aspects of Apollo: Wings and Apollon?
Amata and Mikono are actually the aspects of Sylvia: ??? and Sylphie?

Sure, that's a hell of a twist regarding who is who.
Conversely, if Kagura is the wings:

Kagura is the Wings.
Mikono is ??? (Touma? Sure.).
Amata is Apollon (color me blue with confusion).
Zessica is Sylphie (sure...).

Wtf.
Or!

Kagura is Touma.
Mikono is the Wings.
Amata and Zessica are a Chinese finger trap.

Somehow the last one makes more sense...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingva View Post
This episode Mykage led Zessica and Amata to Kagura and Mikono. Why? I have no idea. He could take Mikono to Altair, but he even didn't care about it. This leads me to believe that his goal was related to Amata, maybe he even wanted him to power up.
I wonder why Alicia went to Altair in her movie get up and why Amata saw that it was Aquarion EVOL which was taking his mother.
To break their bond, is my guess. In doing it he damaged Amata and Mikono's relationship (to what degree, we've yet to see). But that does seem to have been his goal.

I'll be damned if the old, old guesses we had pan out: Kagura is the tool by which Mykage is trying to remove Mikono from Amata, not because Kagura-Mikono are what he's after but because he wants Amata + Paper Bag Girl.