View Single Post
Old 2010-10-17, 13:16   Link #24
4as
ForUs

Send a message via MSN to 4as
So, I just finished playing Remember11 and oh wow, what can I say... its crap.
Mind you, its coming from a person who rated Ever17 as 11 out 10.
Remember11 is at best 6/10.
Plot twists are either predictable or lame, characters are boring, storytelling is full of cliche moments (*protagonist gets stabed* "Who...?" *turns around* You... YOU ARE...! *THE END*), and the settings is as blend as it could be: A hut at top of the snowy mountain and family house disguised as a bunker-like building in middle of snowy nowhere.
But its true that Remember11 starts great - the main plot twist is revealed instantly (tho, it would be hard to conceal it) and constant switches between main characters keeps you on the edge of the sit, however initial shock factor is slowly dispelled over those few hours it takes for Kokoro route to end. Furthermore personality switches turn out to be simply a gimmick and creators dont do anything note-worthy with it; Kokoro usually ends up running away from some person trying to kill her in Satoru's body, while Satoru in Kokoro's body is just killing time while waiting for next transfer. POINTLESS.
Basically whole storytelling reminds me of LOST (that TV show) - it starts great but with each season you start to notice that this isnt going anywhere, except for getting more silly by the minute. By the way, just like LOST it also puts a lot of references (to religion mostly) but it doesnt do anything with it - remove it and no one would notice.
To sum up it up, here is something from Remember11 - one of the TIPS mentions "Deus Ex Machina" and defines it as "a plot device whereby a previously intractable problem is suddenly and abruptly solved with a contrived introduction of a new character, ability, or object" also pointing it out that "its considered a poor storytelling", and guess what? Remember11 does exactly that; in Satoru's route a man shows up (never before introduced) and explains everything to him! With the lamest explanation ever by the way.
Final verdict: disappointing.
4as is offline   Reply With Quote