Thread: Licensed Kokoro Connect [anime]
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-21, 22:49   Link #1487
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I respect that this topic is important to you, but I think this has already been discussed in this thread before, and I think threatens to bring this thread off-topic, since it's really more about what you perceive as a wider problem (and not really about this show in particular). If you would like to have a new discussion about this issue, please feel free to create a thread in the General Anime section where you outline the broader argument you wish to make.
Actually, my comment was a direct follow-up to this exchange:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimapan View Post
[*]Taichi shouting at Inaban. This was totally uncalled for and by far the most hurtful of all of them. Yet still, even as he realised what he had done, he was being an asshole and didn't even apologize or anything, but simply let her go. I really felt like kicking him for that.

I really hope this confusing and pointless stuff is cleared up in the next episode.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffle View Post
That's being pretty harsh on Taichi don't you think? Inaba has done much worse especially to him. Not saying that gives him the right to talk to her like that, but Inaba does questionable things to others out of her OWN violation while Taichi was expressing feelings due to Heart Seed's control which he would normally keep to himself.

I thought this whole show was about Heart Seed teaching these kids that they need to break out of their shell and be more honest and trusting etc. That's how I see it anyway. So I don't really think all of this is pointless.
Of course you're free to make any arbitrary decision about what's relevant to a discussion about the series that you want, but this one seems like a stretch to me. A discussion comparing the behavior of two characters and the way it's interpreted is "off-topic"?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote