Thread: Licensed Kokoro Connect [anime]
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-22, 05:04   Link #1496
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qilin View Post
Let me clarify, I was not judging how Taichi acted in that single situation, but rather the undesirable aspects of his character that were exposed in the scene in question, including any hidden thoughts that he would not express otherwise.
Oh please. We all think things like Taichi thought during that scene, during one time or another. We all privately disapprove of the actions and words of others at one time or another. But like what I wrote before, we normally keep those misgivings under lid unless directly asked our opinion on something (at which point it's hardly an "imposition") or in the most egregious of circumstances.

There's no "undesirable aspect" of his character here. It's just being human.

Taichi is not without his flaws, certainly. But he's not flawed simply for thinking that Inaba didn't care enough about Yui in that scene.

Quote:
Mind you, I'm not judging Taichi's personality here, but the way he condemned Himeko for just acting the way she did was a glimpse into a darker side of his psyche. Don't get me wrong. I actually like this development since it hints at something interesting behind that white knight facade of his.
I think calling it a "facade" isn't entirely correct. I do think he sincerely wants to help others. But there's a darker side to that where he's probably too self-sacrificing for his own good. He needs more balance, in other words.