View Single Post
Old 2010-11-02, 22:11   Link #170
Nagumo
Random Translator

I take it back... Teana's job was harder to translate...

Enforcer (CD 1 Track 02)
One of the positions within the TSAB, only attainable by those with the capabilities to pass the certification exam.
Qualified individuals are authorized to handle [command/oversee any and all parties involved any judicial/law enforcement matters to any unit they are assigned/attached to]. (Note: er, what? Does this mean Fate is the equivalent to a federal law enforcement type or state security SS/FBI/Stasi? Those intimidating black uniforms make sense then. For those who want to translate: [所属部隊における事件および法務案件の統括担当者].)
Enforcers who are clerical/office work oriented are assigned to their units/corps and generally oversee/are in charge of judicial affairs. More independent Enforcers who are especially skilled in pursuing/tracking/investigating tend to concentrate on following cases/incidents that require their full attention and abilities.
(Note: 内勤派の者は所属部隊の法務を全般的に担当し、独立派の者は自身が追跡を得意とする種別の事件を専任で指揮 ・担当する傾向がある。)
The position requires a highly diverse range of knowledge and skills. However since the JS incident, the Adminstration Bureau decided to expand its fight to eliminate internal corruption and raised the difficulty/bar of its already difficult exam further which lowered the pass rate, but Teana who long aspired to be an Enforcer safely passed the exam.

ON TO PAGE 17!!! (... starts crying)