View Single Post
Old 2011-08-23, 05:38   Link #286
Charsiupao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
As much as I like your own scenario , there is this little complication: A magician can only summon a servant who is similar in nature with the said magician. Thus Rin summoned Archer since both of them have big pride and Shiro summoned Saber coz both of them are 'straight' people with great sense of justice and tend to care for the well-being of other people more than themselves, etc.

It'll be a different case if Caster (after killing her summoner) met Shirou (before he summoned Saber) and made a pact with him. Then the story could go as you describe/like . Yeah, I feel that scenario is quite interesting too. Surely you already know that, in the game/visual novel, there are three different scenarios which Caster died in ALL of them (if memory serves me right).

PS: Truth be told, did you know that in Shirou's case, in order to provide his servant (in your case, Caster) with mana, he has to make love with her ^^? Or, he doesn't have to, since Caster is a magician and she can provide her own mana by sucking people up (I doubt Shirou will agree with that method though^^).
Oh yeah, forgot about the compatibility when summoning part.

I haven't seen any of the visual novels - only watched the anime. Poor Caster. It's amazing how a villain with such little screentime can invoke such sympathy just because she died well. I understand Rider is also immensely popular too, although probably for different reasons.

In the anime Saber didn't need to replenish mana until after she had used Excalibur to defeat Rider. Then Rin cast a spell to attach Shirou's nerves to Saber's or something, which allowed Saber to draw mana from Shirou. So I'm not sure whether Caster would need to drain people at all in the first place if she never fought. Of course it'll throw the entire plot out the window, but just saying that personality-wise, both Caster and Shirou would fulfil each others' expectations of the relationship, and be very happy. Plot-wise it most probably wouldn't work.
Charsiupao is offline   Reply With Quote