View Single Post
Old 2012-05-27, 02:30   Link #9149
novalysis

You know, I'd imagine that Kikira/Naze is in truth almost every bit as brilliant and broken as Medaka. And in some aspects, she SURPASSES Medaka, if that is even possible.

The problem is, because both of them are so superior to everyone, they ended up suffering from an existential crisis very early on in their life- probably in toddlerhood.

Medaka found an answer in Zenkinchi's suggestion.

Kikira found no similar answer, and therefore only found purpose in suffering. And from that point on, both Kikira and Medaka's development branched off radically.

One wonders how much more different would Medaka Box (especially in the earlier chapters) had been if Kikira/Naze in her awesomeness occupied Medaka's chair instead.

I am reminded by all those haters who really, really dislike Early Medaka to be that suish and saintly. But really, had Medaka not taken that route, odds are, her personality would have been something closer to a cross between Solo lone wolf Medaka, Medaka II, her sister's worldview and the eccentricities and amorality of the Suitors amplified.

Ah well. Medaka the villain is more epic than Medaka the hero.

Ironically, Naze/Kikira the anti-hero is even more compelling than Naze the villain.

I really wonder whether the Jet Black Arc is deliberately out to highlight the intrinsic and subtle differences between Medaka and Kikira. The older sister seems to be an even more fearsome opponent than Medaka.

I wonder whether The End can also copy those styles. If it can copy "natures"....then Styles probably can also be imitated.

So, we seem to have six classes of powers right now.

Abnormality Skill - Pluses
Abnormality Skill - Minues
Abnormality Skill - Zeros
Not Equals
Natures
Styles....

One wonders whether Nisio plans on drawing the line, or whether he is deliberately keeping this ambiguous.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote