Thread: Licensed Tsukuyomi ~ Moon Phase ~
View Single Post
Old 2004-10-04, 19:57   Link #10
LynnieS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuffy
I have some mixed feelings about this show. The backgrounds are VERY nice and the music did really fit in well. But I have some isssues with it.

1. The first ep starts very nice with some really gothic feeling to it. Then I watch one of the worst OP I have ever seen in an anime. Maybe the Love Love? OP is worse, I'm not sure yet. It totally ruins the atmosphere it just built up. Aaargh, 'Neko Mimi Mode', It will give me nightmares. And this happens (IMO) too often in the show. It goes from serious to comedy and back. Within an instant.
The OP is absolutely off in terms of the mood that it's trying to bring to the audience. It starts out great with the dark, moody, gothic atmosphere (e.g., a boatman poling his way across a lake/river with a scythe, hits a sunken spar, and as the boat sinks with a cross inside, he explodes into bats winging away), and then... degenerates into cute comedy lolicon shots - cat ears, meows, cute pawings and all. I felt like one of those characters falling over from something another character had said or did that threw me for a loop.

Otherwise, a fair series, but it was hard to get back to the gothic mood after that OP.

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote