View Single Post
Old 2006-04-04, 18:09   Link #9
Keitarou
Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdra
Only got the raw to hear Eiko's new song, so I'm holding off watching the whole episode... but I remember reading a worry that the first few episodes would make people think this was almost a harem show until the main story started...

...no worries then, considering the first minute, even before the OP, consists of
Spoiler:

Yeah, that together with the opening is a good start and should keep the viewers interested since most people expect too much stuff happen in the first episode and forget other aspects which are important in the beginning (introducing the characters, some important bits and facts about the place/time everything happens, etc.) thus are easily bored if nothing out of the ordinary happens. But that wasn't quite the fact in the first episode. There were foreshadowing bits in the episode as well, so it's safe to say that people won't put that one off after the first episode with wrong impressions. :)

Anyway, the best first episode of this season so far. Opening is a winner (should I say as expected? ;) ). Ending was actually quite nice as well. The characters were enjoyable, nice voice-acting, the comedy bits were funny. Overall a good mix of everything. Hmm, yeah, not much to say aside from that, just that it didn't disappoint my expectations. :P

Edit:

Since I took a few screens earlier, here they are in case somebody's interested. Beware of spoiler. ;)

Last edited by Keitarou; 2006-04-05 at 04:06.