View Single Post
Old 2013-03-28, 18:42   Link #58
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Does anyone else here find it silly how Doflamingo essentially "banked" on Luffy wanting to get the mera mera fruit? It's as though he had no other plans to lure Luffy into a trap, so he resorted to a plan where he would "hope" Luffy would take the bait. After all, he had no idea what kind of relationship Luffy and Ace had. This all just seems like a blind shot on his part; dependent on nothing but chance and luck. So far, he doesn't give me the impression of being the criminal mastermind that Crocodile was.

I don't think is was 'silly', maybe not as 100% fail proof as some (including me) would have liked, sure, but I don't think it was 'silly'.

After all the world saw Luffy butt in the Summit War to rescue Ace and how he broke down when Ace died so it is not THAT far a stretch to bank that Luffy would try anything to get his hand on the DF. No plan are ever foolproof anyway, especially in battle tactics and strategies. As far as Dofla goes, that may be his best choice.

I mean what else can he really do? Having his people leaking a fake location of the factory and set up a trap there? That's no more realistic than Mera-Mera considering he can't guarantee they won't see through it. Besides, Dofla still not 100% sure what they are up to and that they are actually after the factory itself.

To me it was more of throw it out there and see if they bite. If they do great, if they don't, it's not worse than you started with. Though I think Dolfa, with his cockiness assume a, say, 70% success-rate plan as a 100% plan. But in the end, Luffy still took the bait, though I think Franky is having something up too because he seem to realize it's a bait but still encourage Luffy to take it since they don't have a lead anyway.

Either way, it still makes more logical sense compare to Sanji/Violet if Voilet ends up to be part of Dofla's trap as well for the same reason you describe. Sanji's weakness to women is an even harder to learn unless you are up close with him. Although I still think Violet is up to something.