View Single Post
Old 2009-08-17, 08:39   Link #243
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
To be honest, "thinking caps" were one of the things that immediately made sense to a BattleTecher like me, where we have our neurohelmets. ^^ And the high degree of articulation Valkyries possess is something which can't really be explained easily by manual controls... I´d like to see a pilot make casual gestures like Michael did to Klan in episode 9 with just stick controls.

BTW, this is probably my last post for a month, I´m away on vacation to Paraguay until September 11th. Be seeing you all then!
Have a good trip!

And although I've never played Battletech, I understand how something like the "Thinking Cap" makes sense...it just conflicts with the animation, which something had characters flying without helmets.

But of course, if I take 4tran's suggestion to look at the books as separate from the animation, there isn't much to complain about there.

Really, I can come up with good, rational reasons all day as to why the books were inadequate (well...almost all day, since I remember next-to-nothing about either the Sentinels novels or The End of the Circle), but mostly my problem with them was that they weren't giving ME what I wanted at the time, which was a better glimpse at the original series that made up Robotech.

But they never promised to do that, so I can't really dislike them for it, can I?

I'll still maintain, though, that any attempt to make the Robotech "universe" more cohesive (which IS what the novels promised) is doomed to failure, just because the three series don't fit together very well.
Yot-chan is offline   Reply With Quote