View Single Post
Old 2008-08-19, 00:30   Link #2217
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Originally Posted by alamarco View Post
Shame it's the norm now a days. Players seem to be less and less loyal to clubs. C. Ronaldo was basically trying to worm his way to Madrid the whole summer.
That's how football is nowadays. I, as Juve supporter, am proud of the veterans (Del Piero, Nedved, Trezeguet, Buffon, Camoranesi, etc) we have who decided to stick with the team even when we faced penalitazion/relegation to Serie B. They could have easily left the team like others did, but they decided to stay, because they're attached to the black and white shirt, and they're attached to us fans (and that's why we love them and respect them). I also recognize though that Juve's case is almost an exception these days, as you pointed out most of the players feel like mercenaries, they consider clubs like clothes they can change or trash aside when they grow bored of, which is not exactly an honourable thing, in my opinion. I think this is one of the side effects of having so many foreigners mixed together, which causes a lot of teams to lack a true identity/core.

@Quzor
I watch them on my TV, since we have Sky (both at parents' home and at my university dorm), which broadcasts all the games from Serie A, and the most important games from the other leagues, EPL included.

On some unrelated bad news, Chiellini got injuried Sunday night in the friendly match versus Milan. Man this crap is happening every year, everytime they face us for this friendly game they keep injurying some of our key players without much regret. Last years they managed to injury Buffon, now it's Chiellini's turn. Blah. I wonder why certain teams need to play dirty even when it's a freaking friendly match. Anyway, Chiellini's going to be absent for atleast a month, our defence is not going to look that good since Legrottaglie and Mellberg haven't still played a lot together and they don't exactly give me that much confidence. Our management should try signing one more good central defender.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote