View Single Post
Old 2009-04-01, 19:09   Link #16
escimo
Paparazzi

Getting a bit off topic...

To be honest I do get why some Muslims hold grudge against the west. Doesn't really take a rocket scientist when you open a history book to see where it's coming from. You could start with the crusades and if you can't be bothered to go through all of the rest, just skip to the middle eastern history post WW2.

I'd be pissed.

I don't especially favor any governmental action to give Muslims some special treatment. Can't see how being singled out would serve any real purpose. The most vocal factions represent a very small portion of all Muslim population. Doesn't really take all that much effort to find similar fundamentalism among Christians really. Especially nowadays since 9/11 gave them a "moral right" to hate all Muslims enough to want to kill them. Bush didn't really make things any easier while he was in charge.

What needs to be remembered is that no military entity can survive without an enemy. West especially USA has been it for Muslim extremists and now Muslim world is unfortunately very close to being it to USA and the rest of the western countries. And frankly all of us in the west have been quite easy to hate for quite some while.

Once the bridges between moderate majorities in both sides have been rebuilt the extremists (on both sides) will eventually lose their followers and maybe even disappear.
escimo is offline   Reply With Quote