Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2010-03-20, 23:34   Link #6637
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Are you like Ron Paul or something? I'm sorry, but this way of thinking is downright outrageous.

How do you think the US got to be the superpower it is today? We sold Europe and and the rest of world over these last two centuries, a plethora of goods, and particularly during the World Wars, tons of weapons.
Why is it downright outrageous? Why do I care about the US being a 'superpower?' When I want superpowers I can read a comic book, I'm more interested in a sustainable peaceful planet. Something that the US nor any major industrial power are contributing towards. You think your country being militarily and economically powerful are all that? Then why are so many people in this country suffering from so many different medical ailments (the 'western ailments'), mental issues, stress, and a painstaking, backbreaking lifestyle? Just so we can say we're at 'the top?' Maybe the big corporate leaders and their political slaves can be proud of America's standing, they're the ones reaping the majority of the benefits anyways.