View Single Post
Old 2011-03-02, 22:01   Link #3484
Archaic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Actually, all the gods you mentioned are polythestic religions based on the Shinto-Buddhism-Taoism (and possibly hinduism, but checking through it is a waste of time because they have a thousand gods).

I doubled checked through all the Kanji of the other girls with my mum (who is a Taoist). And nope, none of them has goddess-related names. The only two other closest I could get is the kanji of surnames containing the word "temple" or "hall". And they are Yui Goido (五位堂) and Shiori Shiomiya (汐宮) ("Five-person temple" and "Evening-tide hall" literally and respectively). The next closest is Terada (寺田), which means "monastery field". And I just realised that Miyako is a tracker too, making her a potential candidate for Mercury.

Other girls with related names are Takahara (high plains), Kosaka (small hump/mountain), Haibara (rich plains)...not much other than explaining why they are all petta- *IS SHOT*.
Um, I think you may have missed the point of the original post there. The point made was that they had names which sounded a bit like the names of deities from various religions, not that the kanji in those names actually meant anything.

Kanon => Kanonnon
Tenri => Tengri OR Tenrikyo
Tsukiyo => Tsukiyomi

Also, it's not their family names that we should be checking based on that theory, but their personal names.

So, with that in mind, can anyone with a bit of knowledge of mythology come up with any obvious connections to the girls names?
Archaic is offline   Reply With Quote