View Single Post
Old 2011-04-23, 18:31   Link #334
Kagayaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Do we ever see a scene in which Homura eats something?
It was never a plot point that she didn't eat. Also, normal people eat. We never saw Homura in the process of using the bathroom either, but it's safe to say she did that at some point.

It was a plot point that Madoka is something like her only friend ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Regardless of where she got experience, you have to realize that she spent time in that classroom, and with her friends, for about 5 months prior to our timeline. That's time enough for her to get comfortable with them, and indeed, you can see her attitude change from someone meek, to someone more self-assured. Facade or no, she has changed, and was clearly thinking; the battle in episode 11 should prove that, if nothing else.

What I mean is, she approached Kyoko and made a deal. There was none of the fidgeting and nervousness that was Homura in the first timeline. And then at the bridge, addressed Kyoko and pushing ahead of her. None of the fear or self-doubt that Homura had initially. I think that pretty much shows that Homura of our timeline, is not the Homura of timeline 1, at least in regards to her social skills.
I think we can agree she's improved, but my argument was more that she's not going go from zero to normal in just a few months.

The orignial point of this discussion was that you said it was unrealistic that Homura couldn't figure out how to get Madoka to not contract with Kyubey.

I was saying that this was realistic given Homura's lifelong lack of social experience, which 4-5 months of school life wasn't going to correct. The idea that she would just not know how to handle the situation is not far fetched.

I hate to sound like I'm bashing Homura in my posts. The fact that Madoka is her only friend is what makes her so adorable.