View Single Post
Old 2012-10-23, 21:31   Link #37741
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by agetreme View Post
Deconstruction of IS-verse with girls having problem of their own in spite of being in a society where it supposedly favor females.

===

About Demino's comment.

Yea.... I am quite curious too....

What make him think that Jak is the go to guy for that weak and soft kind of Deconstruction for IS-verse?

I mean, Jak strike me more of a Gear of War kind of writer... you know, the kind who go for dark, gritty, rated M for manly (there is nothing wrong with that, it just my personal preference that I dislike/hate applying Gear of War, super manly solution to IS)....

Unless I am going for similar approach.... (which I won't because I wanted to go for other stuff not cover by other Writers).

===

Question: Is it alright for somebody to use a stick to hit others so that the character won't hurt fingers (because the said-character need dexterous finger to play music instrument)?
What my guys are after, particularly Eric, is something personal. They're not doing this out of manliness or any of the sort. They're just doing this becuase it's a personal life-mission of theirs, it's something they have to do. And if you've looked at the summary change of Project Silverback, it's different from how it was before.

The reason why I changed it is because as the story progressed, the more the story itself began to stray away from the summary. Re-gaining the status the male gender once had in the IS universe is not their personal mission. Although it sounds like that at first, but starting Chapter 4, it begins to go differently. Case in point, it's not the IS system Eric has a grudge against.

If that attack didn't happened on Thuder Crash's night of disbandment, then my guys would've gone their seperate ways and there would be no Project Silverback. Brian and Clay would've flown to live in the United States, while Eric and Eddie would've stayed in Japan to live their own lives. Basically, they would've adapted to the female dominated society, if that attack didn't occured.

If you look at Gears of War, those guys are not fighting the Locust because of manliness. It's something they have to do because the Locust pushed humanity to the brink of extinction. For humanity to live, they have no choice but to fight. They're not fighting the Locust out of manliness, they're fighting to defend the human race.

How would you feel if someone close to you is threatened?
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote