View Single Post
Old 2008-03-30, 14:04   Link #183
Theowne
耳をすませば

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I'm not sure that I see why you say that's so odd.
I think it's odd because what I interpreted from that scene is a continuation of Noe's idea that Hiromi is the one in Shin's heart. In other words, in the hospital I think she was trying to say that she thought she saw how Shin could fly (by his performance) because he was now on his "true path" (Hiromi), and she wanted to try and do it herself as well, without Shin. I think she meant it this way because of course Noe and Shin hadn't had much contact and Noe thought that Shin was completely over her for Hiromi. Then to later say that the dance was actually inspired by Noe being there kind of mixes up the message. But that's only if you interpret the scene the way I did.

Quote:
There were some more subtle gestures and side-comments from various people (like Aiko, Nobuse, and Tomoyo as well) beyond just the obvious examples.
Such as Nobuse's sly comments occasionally when Shin is staring at Hiromi in episode 1 or such. Don't get me wrong, I do notice all of these things but I don't really see how they show any meaning stronger than what Tomoyo's "I thought he liked you!" stance implies. Additionally Nobuse's remarks seem to be partly "inspired" because Shin is living with Hiromi in some instances. As for Aiko, I suppose one of the scenes you could be referring to the scene where she connects the Hiromi situation with her own but honestly I think that she simply used the idea that Shin brought up to communicate her own feelings because in episode 12 she is baffled by Hiromi's "girlfriend" statement and says that "there's many things she doesn't know". I'm not saying that supports my position either since clearly they weren't really acquainted. Anyways I guess there's not much use in going through every detail since obviously we have different perspectives on that, but I also disagree with people who say that this perspective is only because one hasn't looked hard enough or something like that. (not you personally)

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..