View Single Post
Old 2008-04-03, 22:12   Link #322
suebriquet
Mada mada dane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrokinetic View Post
I recently just finished watching all the episodes including the movie but something doesn't make sense to me. Well whats bugging me is, there is two worlds as far as i know on each side of the gates so when someone someone dies in the world where you can do alchemy i will call it "alchemy world" e.g. like when ed died, his soul and mind went through the gate to the other world but there is two ed's :S so according to the anime he fell and ended up in ed's body in the other world (the world with ed's father) and he managed to keep all his memories and knowledge but i dont know what happened to the previous ed that he took over. so in conlusion this forced me to think that there is a Parallel person for each person in the alchemy world that shares the same characteristics but not the mind as hughes for example, how come he lost all of his memories and knowledge in the movie when he died and went to the other world? when ed didn't?. in al's case when ed brought him back alive, was he born again? and when in the end he went to the other world and the other al died, does that mean that there is only 1 al left and what happens if that al dies? how come hughes wife was in the side of the gate when she wasn't even dead but i would assume there is two of her in both worlds. so what i know is when someone dies in the alchemy world" their soul goes through the gate to the other world and they take over the body of the same person with the characteristics in the other world which i would assume they keep their memories and knowledge but thats really doubtful now. also one of my friends mentioned that the manga has a completely different ending and some characters in the anime such as greed wasn't in the manga...is that true and how much comparisons is there to the manga and the anime?

so much questions to answer i am so buffed!!!
I just watched the anime series and movie recently as well. From what I have interpreted, people don't enter earth as we know it from Amestris, the world with alchemy, just from dieing. I think they can only do that by using alchemy to open the gate. Neither Ed nor Al died, but they did sacrifice their mind body and souls for each other's survival in Amestris. Ed almost died, but Al mentioned that his body was still warm. I think there may be better explainations in the thread about episode 51.
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=21417

Hope that helps.

Last edited by suebriquet; 2008-04-04 at 00:06.
suebriquet is offline   Reply With Quote