View Single Post
Old 2009-11-14, 03:39   Link #120
Slick_rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanaya View Post
Love at first sight needs no explanation. Norio is a teenager with hormonal imbalances. And it was in episode 5 (1 episode ago) that Lebanon told Suou that his wife was a contractor. So if you had to complain about that development, you should have done that last episode.
That's just plain silly. Love at first sight is fine when used correctly and when it doesn't come off as completely contrived. This certainly doesn't come off well. He just happens to be walking by her and falls madly in love with her. Then low and behold he just happens to be the son of contractor, who happens to be involved in a case they have. It's just many instances of people being connected for the sake of drama. They could have done it much better instead of random love in the middle of a street to connect them. Love at sight can't be used to explain away bad story telling. Also I can complain whenever I want to I don't really need your permission. I didn't comment in 5 but if I did or didn't I still reserve my rights to call up relevant issues to my point. You don't have to like it and I don't care whether you do or don't.

Quote:
First season of Darker than Black had contractors dying one episode in, if not the first episode of the two episode arcs. You should have no complaints about her dying one episode in either.
I don't know what this has to do with anything. My point, which you seem to miss, was that her story was badly thought out. They brought her in to basically just die. She added very little to the story. They gave her a half-assed backstory then set her up to die. It left me feeling unattached. Instead of just making her another random mook contractor to die they tried to and IMO failed to give her some relevance to the story. This is probably supposed to come off as character building for Suou but what it really comes off as is forced drama because of a lack of anything else to show.

Quote:
It started after Suou said she hated Hei for beating her in episode 4. Made Hei think twice it would seem the next episode.

Hei refrained from hitting Suou, confusing her. Next thing that happened would be him acting as a decoy. Followed by Hei using his common Li-kun tactics with the bad-tasting food and asking for seconds to not hurt Suou in her cooking. Basically, he mellowed his stance on Suou last episode and continued to do so this episode.

We would have to add the times Hei has saved her as well.

Hei has unknowingly confused her, but she also has no idea what love is yet, as she keeps asking about what it is. I think we could liken what Suou's feeling right now as one of possessiveness rather than what you're thinking of as sudden love. Suou has no idea what she has now, just that she hates the fact that someone else is getting the attention of her current benefactor/protector in Hei.

The story also does have focus: going to Tokyo, now for two reasons (Suou's and Hei's). You just let the relationship advancement between the two of them blind you into a seething rage.
Once again another plotline that could use focus. These feelings should be better relayed. Instead we have one episode where she states she hates him, only to have her not two episodes later do a 180. Maybe there was some softening but going for that to this is just comes off badly. There was really no instance that stood out for when she might have changed her mind instead we only have this episode where all of a sudden she willing to go throw hoops to please him.

The story should have focus now since they are going to Tokyo but this little excursion was lacking in it. The whole Norio sidestory was just basically throwaway drama. I don't let any blind me but my opinions differ from you since I don't think the producers did a good job of making this "advancement" seem logical and not forced. Perhaps this relationship advancement has blinded you so your unable to tell when something is being forced on you without proper setup so your all defensive now.