View Single Post
Old 2012-12-19, 17:54   Link #2302
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Yeah, but that is being made up by things we can see. I do know that in both cases I can expect Einhart and Miura to be timid and socially awkward while on battle they can both be really competent. And is just that need to focus their “moe” on how more blushing and timid they can get what it feels too similar and I will never get that feeling away. And to be fair Einhart has more of a character than Miura but they are both just timid… because, and is never bring a good reason. Yeah Ein is cool and Miura is just a mess but they don’t look that different to me and to be fair they haven’t had too much interaction with the rest of the cast or between themselves. In the end the main difference is that one controls her nerves and the other is control by them. That is it. And is not enough for me to make me like a character that I just didn’t like to begin with.

Besides don’t get me wrong, Vivio does lose a lot, but all that other defeats serve a purpose or at least try to present them with a little more on them. You see when Vivio loses to Einhart while trying to make friends with her, there is something going on for both characters beyond the fact they are fighting. With Miura what is going on? They are already friends; they just happen to be on different sides and… that it is. There is no story there and taking out the main character from the tournament: why should we keep the tournament then?

And let me explain my last point. You see, Nanoha is a character on her own rights, and she define herself as a very competent and skill mage with a few weeks of training, taking on Fate who had years of practice. Miura on the other hand really show nothing, she came out of the blue and how they explain it? The Yagamis say she is awesome. That is the kind of freedom they take with a character that has a backstory with other characters and just shows up to be something because of that. Is kind of like in StrikerS Hayate just introduce Carimm as her best friend to Fate, kind of out of nowhere. And on Miura this does bother me because she defeated the main character and she is just a side character, not an enemy, not a rival, a side character that is all of the sudden the “Hayate” of this season because she is with the Yagamis.

So to try and make myself clear is the fact she is just put on the light over Vivio and she isn’t something we can use. You never use a main character to make side characters look good, ever. You can be beaten but the point is to upgrade the main character because the story is the one we are reading, right? So Miura feels like she is being insert as the last time add to an already oversize cast with bland characters.