View Single Post
Old 2006-02-01, 13:07   Link #11
Kyaa the Catlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight
Kyaa: I think part of it at least is that it's general looked down upon in society for boys to bully girls. At least I don't remember it happening all that often. (Girls bully other girls well enough for both, just usually not in the physical manner... ^_^;; )

So while you won't usually see typical bullying of girls, even if they act like boys, the boys will pick on other boys who don't fit the societal norm for "manliness" as it may be. Also, there is still the definite subtext in society that women are "inferior" to men -- so a girl trying to be a boy is somewhat accepted, but a boy acting more like a girl goes "against the grain." It's also generally taken as a sign of being "gay" which is a whole other can of worms in society...
This is how I see the Tomari-Hazumu relationship in a nutshell. Tomari is a strong enough girl to bully the boys who are bullying the girly Hazumu. It turns the whole story on its head, showing that the gender swap really occured YEARS prior to the physical change of Hazumu. Neat, eh?

A girlish boy needs either 1. a strong protector (a prince teehee) or 2. strong walls to defend against the attacks of the bullies. Or both, preferably both actually since you won't always be able to be protected....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millenia
Hehehe "Worms"
You dont see many boys picking on girls but you do see girls picking on boys for random things.
I know lots of girls thats picked on boys for silly reasons, but back then I found it funny and laughed at it
Actually, I remember a lot of boys picking on non-girly girls. If you broke the mold when I was young, I feel so old now, you were picked on for not being girly enough. "You'll never find a boyfriend cause you're not pretty enough." or "Tomboys are lesbians!" and the like.... It wasn't just the girls who bullied boyish girls, the boys did too cause they were threatened by them as well.