View Single Post
Old 2013-07-20, 08:00   Link #85
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Simply put, he never had a reason to try.

That's what all this experiments has been about isn't it? To get him to use his powers in more ways to further his development.

Plus this isn't simple air flow manipulation- This is plasma creation.
Plasma I can understand. The idea to turn the atmosphere above Academy City into plasma is pretty beyond any sane or rational thinking, and honestly I think that idea was less believable than him never having tried to control air. It's funny that I say that it's less believable though, because I didn't bat an eyelash at that. Sort of a: "Wha- Sure. OK. It's interesting, so I'm cool with this," reaction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by garbage View Post
well as they say the closer things are the harder it is to see... I guess like any human he just took it for granted, those so called "common sense " things

thing is Accelerator is so OP that he has never really been tested enough for him to exert the least amount of effort to notice things around him... until now. There really is no such thing as common sense...
That's not really a great argument though. When you've attained a power, what's the first thing you do? Play with it. No sane player gets shouts in Skyrim and doesn't test at least the first one out to see what it does. Especially since they're trying to make Accelerator more and more powerful here, the idea that he's never once considered air as a possibility for manipulation is beyond reason.

Plus, Academy City is powered by wind. There are wind turbines every which way. You can't look without seeing constant reminders that there's air. So basically the idea is that Accelerator never once felt a gust of wind whilst learning his powers and said to himself: "Hm. Wind. I wonder if I can- yup. I can control that too." He lives and breathes on air as does everyone else. Pretty much the whole of life and human existence is owed to air. It's a stretch.