View Single Post
Old 2011-01-04, 14:13   Link #543
clairdelune371

@Klashikari: Just for the record, I didn't mean to provide a way for people to freely distribute the text of the game as I understand some might attempt to replace that with the game itself. My trying to help was for only people who have the PS3 game and didn't want to be completely clueless as it is uncertain that an English version will ever be released. I do understand the argument that they can just get the PC game instead but if someone only wants to buy the PS3 game I wouldn't question it. At that point I think it is not a question of using the text as a standalone, since it serves only to help the game at hand and I think the codes help in the game because you know exactly which portion of the text is being displayed.. And it is definitely still supporting the author. In any case, I do understand that it may lead to free distribution of the text of the game (however ridiculous that would be, I very much agree on this) so I do not actually oppose your reasoning at all. But just wanted to make that clear! I, too, would not want people freely distributing the text, and I support and try to abide by all your rules - it's only fair for so much hard work and dedication. That's why I had mentioned a written clarification, maybe for other people like me who have good intentions but just misinterpret what is written in the readme. Of course I fully accept if this is just my stupidity.
clairdelune371 is offline   Reply With Quote