View Single Post
Old 2010-05-12, 13:29   Link #3001
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturro View Post
Lots of people won't stop reading this, some because they always read manga to the end, some because they don't care about Eba at all, and some because they like such plots. But I'm sure a lots of people will stop reading it, or at least will put this manga into "hiatus". Like me, for example, I'm not reading KNIM since "Tokyo trip", just lurking on forum and checking spoilers. Mostly because I expected a plot twist like this (I was expecting NTR elements in this manga, not the exact plot).

You should compare current development to REC manga and chapter 24 (I think), in which female protagonist suddenly cheated on male protagonist. Lots of people were pissed not because she cheated, but because she was not punished (I think, I've dropped REC around chapter 30), nor she has shown any sign of guilt. Many people dropped REC after that chapter, but some people are still reading it, because it's still ongoing.

IMHO Eba has 4-6 chapters to redeem herself, or lots of people will really start to drop this manga.
I completely agree with you. The fact that even supporters and defenders of Eba are stepping up shows a large discontent with her character. I would feel better if Haruto showed signs of trying to move on and got involved with someone else. This is still a possibility. However, there is no doubt that this is going to affect his friendship with Kazama and it should. If Seo decides to just skip out on this fact i think it will further infuriate readers.

If i were Haruto i personally could not be around Kazma nor could i be friends with him for a while. I would need some space to gather my thoughts and sort through this mess. Im hoping to see some deep reflection on Harutos part. I dont mean self loathing or emo i means serious thinking about where he wants to go from here. Going home is not an option right now hes going to have to make the best of what hes got.