View Single Post
Old 2010-05-28, 22:08   Link #40
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:
I don't really like the association and implications here. Why shouldn't it be perfectly all right for a grown woman to dress the way she wants to? And what consitutes as "whorish", anyway? A short skirt? A bit of make-up?
I actually don't condone any kind of revealing clothing unless it's for... certain purposes. I'm actually rather aware of it. The argument young > Older doesn't make much sense to me either, but I was using it to prove a point.

I think clothing should be respectable -- though it can be used as expressive or intended purposes -- I mostly find short skirts rather pointless.

I also think people should, regardless of age -- be respectful to themselves.

It's rather nitpicky really. What constitutes as whorish is really up to the individual. For me it's a combination of excessive make-up, gaudy and revealing clothing... and the immodest attitude. Now it is perspective so do bear with me; but don't feel obligated to - that constitutes as whorish because it is usually the encompassed stereotypes of whores and prostitutes.

Feel entirely free to oppose what I think. I simply feel on this kind of thing several things are responsible. The media, the culture, the parents. So on and the such.