View Single Post
Old 2012-10-20, 05:14   Link #48
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
So damn confused. I enjoy the artwork just fine - a lot more than the artwork for the second season, honestly - but it's being universally panned by even non-critical people like relentless. Weird expressions like the one Chaos posted were sprinkled throughout the episode, but otherwise I thought the artwork was perfectly fine and find it strange that I'm seemingly the only person who thinks so. As I said before, pretty confused.
Are you a manga reader? If you’re not, you might be a little bit confused with some of the complains here. Anime-only fans might only complain about the artwork, but that’s actually the least of my concern. I have more problem with continuity issues (considering that they said this was manga canon yet shifting the order of events), poor timing and execution for the humor (the chapter adapted by this ep is actually a lot more funnier than what we get), and really below-average music/score/OST/BGM/whatever you call it.

And I can’t really say anything about Season 2 since I’ve never watched it, but from the glimpses of some episodes, I might have to agree with you that the artwork & animation is the worst of them all.