View Single Post
Old 2011-06-19, 14:36   Link #19
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Another very strong episode.

Ohana's epiphany that she is the villain of her own love story hit really hard. I felt so awful for her, but she needed this moment of clarity; sometimes you can act completely without malice, but still hurt others. Kou's parting words to her suggest to me that he may be thinking it's time to move on. Unfortunately for Ohana, she's clearly not quite ready to close the door on him, if episode 11 was any indication. The most telling part last week was when she went to visit the bookstore, and started trying to convince herself that it was mostly just to look up some more creative words to put on her signs. Suuuure, Ohana. The Kou love triangle drama is just getting warmed up, I think. The next time we see him, will he be dating glasses girl?

Tooru continues to shift annoyingly between being my favorite character, and coming off as an icky pervert. Mostly, he was awesome this episode. More of this Tooru, less creepy drooling at 16 year old girls in china dresses, please. Maybe I'm crazy, but his comedic abuse of poor Minchi's stomach looked to me like a sign of approval and acceptance of her potential as a chef. I bet he's the tough love type when it comes to instructing.

I'm surprised we're getting Satsuki vs Grandma so soon. I wonder if Sui is going to be in the hospital again during her stay to keep them apart. Maybe not, though, maybe they're really going to resolve it before we get to the second half, and then focus more on the romance dramatics.