View Single Post
Old 2008-02-25, 02:17   Link #114
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
I still enjoy this show but it's starting to stagnate if you ask me. Another Asatte no Houkou; a show that promises brilliance at the start and can't quite live up to its promise.

Hiromi is a rather by-the-book character and looks more and more like a villainess with each passing episode; Noe isn't really developing, and Shin is still rather stuffy. Ai was a decent character but she has been written off. It would take a Hiromi ending for me to actually put this show in the waste bin - but regardless of how it ends, this show is starting to get more and more formulaic. It may seem unique by anime standards but it's downright typical TV drama fare.

Still, it's a formula that usually works, so hopefully it will remain an above average show that is worth watching. Maybe my expectations were set too high?
How were they high? We've just experienced through the horrors of Myself ; Yourself, so I thought no one would have high expectations anymore.

Anyways, I also had high expectations, for the reasons that there hasn't been a non-fantasy/non-action/regular romance/drama for me to enjoy in a while, so I'm hoping this one will be good. I'm praying that it will end well....