View Single Post
Old 2008-12-28, 20:58   Link #243
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutype View Post
anyone else want to jump on my argument? You guys are essentially arguing that your opinion is equal to mine even though you dont understand a single lyric or word. Now that is weak.

The entire song might even be jibberish and you would never even know it lol.
What argument? You have yet to give a single point as to what is wrong with the song, and you know as well as we do that it's already going to be translated for English-speaking audiences. All you've done is claim you speak Japanese (something fundamentally unverifiable over the Internet, as there are always ways to cheat off-monitor) and ignore any and every counterpoint. You just claim it's inherent your view is better, without making any effort to explain why understanding the lyrics of a song is a requirement to having an opinion on it.

There are a large number of songs out there that are actual jibberish: Beyond the Bounds, the opening of a Zone of the Enders game, is one such song. But the phonetics are smooth and fit with the rhythm, and so it is easily one of my favorite songs. Emo music, heavy metal, and screech music are others.
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote