Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Uchuu Kyoudai (Space Brothers)
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-13, 06:20   Link #442
cyth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
The scene played too much like intentional misdirection. I expect it'll turn out that the jerkwad is upset because Kenji's in second while he's in last. It'd be a nice counterpoint to how Furuya accepted being in last place and was willing to let the better candidates get the nomination.
I thought of the same thing, although I think the plan is to make Mizoguchi less of an asshole than he looks like. From a different point of view, he's just a stubborn guy who holds up his ideal of "tangible metrics," no matter what people think of him. At the end though, he has no capacity to think outside of the box, so he's not an appropriate candidate for being sent into space. Or maybe he is? I suspect Mizoguchi was portrayed as an epitome of the Japanese school system which heavily favors exam performance and standardized approaches to everything. I think this resentment is pretty much apparent from Mutta's flashbacks, especially the ones where nobody really understood his dreams, or how "practical" people view spending trillions of JPY for a space program.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote