View Single Post
Old 2012-09-16, 17:33   Link #3193
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Whether you are loaded or not, some of the sums/fees handed out can cause you to raise your eyebrows in surprise or disbelief.

I do remember at one point having to complete some errand for someone else and being quite handsomely rewarded - 2,000 gold or so...which prompted me to gawk at the said quest giver ("2,000 gold for bringing supplies to the Greybeards? Man, this guy has a lot of coin to spare...not that I'm complaining..."). On another occasion, I decided to pay off the drinking debts of a citizen and realized the guy had managed to rack up a 1,600+ gold tab...once again my lower jaw went slack. How come he wasn't already dead from alcohol poisoning? And so on, and so on.

All things considered, I think the amount of quests+rewards AND items on the market in Skyrim is so vast that the programmers/designers ended up losing their bearings and eventually became inconsistent/very liberal.

On another note, I'm still CTD'ing whenever I want to apply a sneaking enchantment to my boots... And on a brighter note, I finally managed to get that darned, ever-elusive letter from Falk Firebeard for the second Potema mission. Looks like I need to be very far away from Solitude before leveling up (and thus triggering the courier's dispatch). Fast-traveling to locations like Rorikstead afterwards seem to help turn the courier meeting into reality.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2012-09-16 at 17:44.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote