View Single Post
Old 2009-06-15, 15:19   Link #94
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Well that was much better then what K-On has led me to expect from it lately, but not without it's issues. First I was happy that they had some amusing little joke bits spread throughout all of the episode that made use of what we've come to know about these girls, but didn't feel utterly rehashed (with the exception of Mugi's part in the store) and I even thought that the animation was better than it's been in a while too.

However the drama was a mixed bag for me. It feels like if it had always been a part of K-On and that the characters had been developed beyond their inherent moe traits to be exploited for gags or if I even knew what it was all supposed to be about then it might have felt less awkward and out of the blue (The last time the friendship with Mio even came up was like the first episode I think and they've done nothing to build on or make the supposed chemisty between them seem real or even apparent since then), but instead it just seems like they realized 1 episode before the finish that they had forgotten to really do anything with Ritsu's (The show basically become the Mio show after about the 3rd episode and the Azusa show after she was introduced) character (beyond her being the great joke killer) and felt that they needed to make her memorable in some way. Didn't really work as to build on a character you need a solid foundation and Ritsu was never given one. Tsumugi continues to fare worse though by far. Talk about underusing certain characters. Knew she was going to be the Miyuki Takara of this series.

Anyway, as a penultimate episode it was pretty weak sauce, but what can you really expect at this point. Still better then the average one though.