Thread: Licensed Saki manga
View Single Post
Old 2009-07-16, 15:59   Link #59
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
Well, it is the last hand. Does it really matter at the end if you lose by 70k or so points or 130k? A loss is a loss.

At this point, I think Kana is just screwing Koromo over and doesn't want Koromo to win. It's probably very unlikely for her to be able to put together a hand that can beat Koromo.
She can at least aim for the record for the biggest hand in a prefecture tourney ever. Because no matter what she does she's lost anyway, since if she did Ron Koromo for a double yakuman, even then she would only slightly get past Yumi, trailing behind Saki and Koromo still winning. So either she's going for a "I'll drag you down with me, you demon" mindset, or just playing around, since her only real chance would be to have an exhaustive draw were Yumi isn't in tenpai, so that there can be a west round tie breaker and she is east. Then she might have a small, though real chance.

Yumi has it hard as well, though she has the advantage of being East. If I was her I would only go for fast quick and dirty hands and only go for a big winner when I get a good starting hand. The fact that they didn't show us her starting hand might be a hint. Since she's east her Yakuman's are worth 48000, so if Koromo actually fed her a Yakuman tile that would also make her win. Ya, really.

Saki still has it difficult since she has to have Koromo feeding a Yakuman of hers for she to actually win. Which might actually serve as a good closing point for her match, since it would definitely put Saki above Koromo.

Koromo can just pull an open all simples and call it quits.

Last edited by Proto; 2009-07-16 at 16:14.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote