View Single Post
Old 2009-08-31, 04:46   Link #261
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
It's not all bad, but I do wish that the art consistency could be maintained. For example, in this episodes, there were parts that were very VERY close to the 2006 airing in terms of style, then in the next scene they change back to the newer KyoAni style.
Par for the course. The way Kyoani seems to operate now is they'll have their new "K-On" style of animation which is overall less detailed except for the odd animation cut that uses a more detailed style reminiscent of what they used to do back in 2006. Usually the old style stuff seems to get used for fanservice/ultra-moe scenes or scenes that are pivotal to whatever is going on in the arc as a whole. The ones they want to stick in your mind the most).

Honestly I too would rather they just pick one style and stick with it. If that's the new style then so be it, it's probably for the best anyway and it really doesn't look all that bad at all, it's just not the best there is out there and nobody ever said they had to be the best.....okay well they did but you get what I'm saying right? I am however loving the decrease in Abramsesque lense flare abuse. Best idea they've had in a good while. There I'll give them some credit for that. Good boy Kyoani, have a treat.