View Single Post
Old 2012-04-22, 14:46   Link #63
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by atilim View Post
Sorry but what do you suggest Earth does then if Vagan refuses any form of peace?

In order to have any form of peace their all parties need to want it, before Flit was in any situation where he could influence politics the Earth Fed. already made (non)public offers for peace. After refusing those offers any form of negotiation is pointless unless the peace offer comes from Vagan and not from the Fed.

And again you don't know the current political situation Flit is in, he could be literately arresting a person that is/was working with Vagan at that moment and letting him escape could mean ton of information being passed that could destroy everything he has been fighting for all this time(extreme scenario but you just don't know).
How about not commiting genocide? That's always a nice idea. And I'm no general, but I'm pretty sure wars have been fought and won without exterminating the other side in both fiction and real life, even when both sides were dead set on taking the other down.

It's black-and-white, pure and simple; mass-murder/genocide/extermination = bad/evil. If you honestly believe otherwise, you have fanboy blindness. I'm sorry, but it's true. There's nothing good, at all, about genocide.

And try to stay on topic; Flit's crystal-clear declaration that he wants to wipe out the Vegan. The current political situation has nothing to do with that, nor does it excuse any desires for extermination. Genocide = bad. There's no buts, thoughs, or howevers. You know the only kind of guys that want to erradicate a whole race? Bad guys. In anime, including Gundam, they're called such. In our world, guys similar to this exist. They do things called ethnic cleansing. They're not exactly looked upon in a good light. A guy named Hitler had this thing called the "Final Solution" back around the 1940's that was similar. People don't think very well of that either.

Whatever happened to guys who want to continue wars to the point of extermination being the bad guys? The fascist Titans, the New EF and Space Rebellion, the Alliance and Plant? Flit gets a pass because he was the main character of the first arc? Because he's a badass pilot? I don't think so.

Last edited by Shinji103; 2012-04-22 at 14:57.
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote