View Single Post
Old 2009-10-23, 19:03   Link #851
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Pay attention to the things Kyon says about how he 'used to be', and how he behaves when under pressure.

He is a lot like Haruhi. He's just become rather cynical due to stuff that happened to him in middle school... again, read the later books.

To be fair, the solution is just so... stupidly simplistic... that it's not exactly easy for anyone in his position to see. Furthermore, unlike us-the-viewers, he doesn't have the benefit of carrying his memories over from loop to loop.

(Sure, he could have just asked Nagato for some hints, but I don't think he really wanted to bother her at that point, given how obviously screwed up she was by it...)

To be honest I was surprised he ever figured it out at all.
I want to thank you for not going harder on me, given that you like Kyon a lot, and also are a HaruhiKyon pairing supporter.

For what it's worth, I do see some similarities between Haruhi and Kyon. Sighs, actually, is where this came out a bit for me.

Anyway, due to what is perhaps fair criticism of me for not having done so yet... I intend to read through the first eight novels at least. What I've heard of nine is not encouraging, but I might read it as well.