View Single Post
Old 2013-01-23, 16:25   Link #108
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrShady View Post
I see little reason for Luffy not to be able to beat Enel. Yes it would be tough, even more so then during the skypia arc and without all his grandline experience. But still possible and that's because Luffy's fruit is so strong against Enel that I don't think it would have mattered when that fight took place (has to be before the gears obviously).

I don't think the current Luffy will see more then 1 big power up. Most of his improvements will go towards his mastering of Haki.
He mentioned in his fight against Hodi that his Haki wasn't strong enough to fend of cutting attacks and that's probably the defining level of Luffy's current strength and where it at the minimum needs to go before I can see him soloing an admiral or yonkou.
But no currently he might be close to admirals but he will still get beaten. I just don't see 1 admiral owning the monster trio like Aokiji did before. Their training was exactly for that purpose, they were annihilated by a single pacifista and they took a 2 year "break" to never again be beaten in such a way.
And there are loads of problems Oda can think up that disadvantages the strawhats or makes the trio have to sit it out. Just watch and see what will happen, One piece is so enjoyable because it's unpredictable.

If the marines actually took the time to recruit people that are promising like Zoro or Sanji they wouldn't be in such dire needs to need the help of criminals.
Strong pirates pop up everywhere, best example are the supernova's. That means that there are ample strong people around to make new marines from. Yet they turn up on the other side.
The reason that there are so many pirates and even an ongoing revolution is because the WG is not properly doing it's job. Just in the strawhat crew alone there are 3 strong individuals that might possibly have joined the marines if they ever gave a damn to treat them properly.
But we are derailing my initial point and that is
Admirals
Shichibukai
VA's
There are just to many downsides to having a weak untrustworthy pirate as ally. They just have to be 2nd strongest force the marines can drum up.
Obviously if Buggy really is a Shichibukai I'm prepared to eat some dust, but I would do so proudly.
Zoro joining the Marines? Possible. But he has a bounty at the beginning so I think he'd have to first face possible capture before getting the chance of being recruited. Or if you meant before he became a bounty hunter? He'd probably join but I don't know if he'd get as strong as he is now in the same amount of time.(I imagine alot of the marines to be fairly rigid and limit the amount of experience he'd get since it's not like they let marines, let alone low-mid level ones just wander around searching for strong enemies to beat)

Sanji- Dunno, I mean, he'd face alot of crap since he treats the pirates he live(d) with at the baratie as family. He'd probably end up as a cook too, so his combat ability might fall while his cooking skill might replace it, he'd probably never learn the Okama skills sadly.

Luffy- No. It's not possible. Have you forgotten how bloodthirsty and..hold on, I'm thinking of a word that means they hate someone so much they'd attack family/friends/anyone that knows them without any thought or anything, the word escapes me at this precise moment but that's how alot of people are in the OP world when it comes to Roger, Dragon etc. So even with Garp's help, he'd probably face execution sooner or later. Even without that, Luffy loves adventure and the fact that he's a pirate and soon-to-be pirate king. Remember his back-story? He met shanks and he was dead set on becoming a pirate. If he hadn't met him, sure. For a while he'd probably join the marines but due to the above, sooner or later he'd meet the ban-hammer and/or get executed. I hate to be negative but really..I can't see this as possible.

Nami - Yes. She'd probably have joined the marines in a heart-beat if they had asked her and beaten Arlong. It's a no-brainer. She'd probably retain alot of her skills as a navigator. And she'd be a real asset to the marines she'd probably learn less in the way of dials and different weather conditions though. Since she probably wouldn't get the chance to explore the entire grand line. She'd probably be holed up at HQ at some point due to her own massive amount of skill & talent.

Usopp - I genuinely don't know.

Chopper - Hiliuk wanted him to become a doctor/Pirate. He pretty much drilled "being a pirate is awesome" into him so if not that, full time doctor. Assuming the people he tries to cure get past his reindeer-ness.

Robin - There's no chance. She'd get executed.

Franky - Eh. Same thing as Chopper/Luffy. He'd either stay the leader of the Franky gang or become a mechanic/Shipwright again. OR if he tried and became a marine at some point he'd get found out and same deal as when Luffy rescued Robin from the CP9 except for the fact that he wouldn't get rescued. That's really sad.

Brook - He'd stay on his ship, wandering Thriller bark.

If I'm missing anyone, lemme know.