View Single Post
Old 2010-10-13, 18:19   Link #358
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
There's no reason he can't act like he's actually in a relationship with Lala this time around, which he is, since that's not what this series is about. It's about all the other girls getting in on it too, presumably. That's also why one of the things I want to see most this time, him treating Lala like the girlfriend he loves, which she is. He's already confessed, already admitted they're together, there's no reason not to do this as well except for a lack of maturity.
I would like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantQuiteGuess View Post
It's always seemed to me that while Rito is a master at getting himself into very ecchi situations, while he's seen nearly every girl naked(quite often too), and while he has an ever expanding harem that's fronted by an alien princess who's open to sharing, all this is presented like it's getting in the way of Rito's dream of confessing to Haruna and living a peaceful married life in which they occasionally might even hold hands.
I think he's grown somewhat beyond that by now (at least I hope he has!). Despite all the craziness she's brought into his life, he has admitted that he has come to love Lala. In so doing he has accepted not just her, but what comes with her. She IS still an alien princess, she still has her crazy younger sisters, she still enjoys making bizarre fantastical gadgets, and she still likes going out and doing crazy things for fun. These, and all the many many things that come with them, are not going to go away. Rito has accepted that by accepting Lala, and I believe that's a sign that he's grown up somewhat since the series first began.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote