View Single Post
Old 2012-10-30, 22:33   Link #20
Jao
panchi~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
So what are supposed to be the generally agreed upon "good" Precure series that are supposed to be easiest for any random person to get into again? I know people always cite Heartcatch as the "good one" and Suit Precure is generally regarded as "the worst", but where are the others supposed to fall in the grand Precure fan ranking schemes?
Most people would agree that Futari wa and Heartcatch are the better series and Fresh, Suite and the sequels are the worse series (I'm still yet to watch the sequels, but as far as I can tell the consensus is 'Watch GoGo for Milky Rose, watch Max Heart because you're a loyal fan'). Where exactly Smile and Splash Star fall is heavily debated. Also complicating matters is the writing quality can be really inconsistent, for instance I found the vast majority of Fresh tiresome but the Eas arc (Around 19-23) was pretty much the best the franchise has ever gotten.

As for the two contested ones, Splash Star (Which is my favourite, so this report may be biased) seems to widely considered in the top three on /a/, #precure and livejournal, but the target audience didn't take to it at all, it takes a while to get going and the designs are simply awful. Smile... is going to remain controversial until it's finished airing I reckon. It has far less continuity between episodes (Read: Less character and plot development) than any of the other series, so you sort of have to adjust your expectations even with being a fan of the franchise.

Oh, and Yes! would rank quite highly if don't take great offense at the idea of girl duos being scrapped for Sailor Senshi wannabees.
Hiding behind tinted glasses and doors.
Jao is offline   Reply With Quote