Thread: Kanon - Q & A
View Single Post
Old 2007-12-15, 09:03   Link #145
IRJustman
Founder, Sprocket Hole
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, it would probably be better to watch it for yourself before worrying about it too much. Sub scripts are not based on the dub script, and don't tend to be "localized" (except maybe for things like the order of names, which some fansubbers do as well).
This is precisely why I qualified my statement the way I did. I've seen some of ADV's titles where the subtitles for the Japanese track do not precisely match the English dub, which would lead me to believe that the subtitle script was a bit more directly adapted from the original material.

If anything, I guess I've gotten a little more sensitive to that recently ever since I started fansubbing myself. In any event, that's my problem.

Quote:
In any case, though, this is neither a question nor an answer, so we'd better leave it at that.
*nod* Fair enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
can someone show me a link or pm me and tell me what happens in the endings of the games? because i noticed that everyone keeps complaining (specifically about the nayuki clock ending?) about certain endings....so it'd be nice if somoene can explain :)!
Spoiler for the ever-infamous "clock scene":

--Ian.
IRJustman is offline   Reply With Quote