View Single Post
Old 2009-07-28, 09:39   Link #209
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
I won't change your opinion, but if you're having such a perspective, its cheapening Oda's already nerfed effects of Haki/Ki in Shounen manga.
I don’t think my perspective its Chepaining Oda’s version of Haki, because, A) We have seen Arrows that can destroy rocks, B) And It has the magical touch of concing other, or even putting unconcius an entire crowd.

Quote:
Oda is using Haki in a very down to earth and realistic sense compared to how Ki is shown in Dragonball, Street Fighter and Fist of the North Star for example. Those 3 has Ki that can be used outright as fireballs, shockwaves and projectiles. But Oda is keeping it low, in order to do ranged Ki attacks, you have to put your intention into your shot and shoot it, you can't just shoot out your will and spirit.

And even in those 3, Haki has never been able to do mind control, because Haki is not magical in this sense, even if it has been made 'magical'.

When I say it bends the wills of others, its that the others either fear you and decide to do what you say, or they respect you and decide to agree with you.

Garp simply respected the pride and power of the greatest pirate ever, that pride and power he achieved through his ambition, his Haki. Garp's respect for his Haki eventually made him agree with his request.

Its a case of rivals respecting each other and becoming friends.
Don’t get me wrong, Im aware that this Haki, compared to others is different and more down to earth than other Mangas used of ‘Ki, including how I have seen the use of Saki (which this is what I use in comparison to Haki). However, and going back at My original point and stop a Haki debate, While There were respect between Garp and Rogers, And Garp has shown that he is not as cold as other Marines, it could had been plausible that Garp still had doubt on what to do, based on this, Roger, used hi Haki (and when I say use is not like If he activated something) to convince Garp into helping him.

I think the confusion here is with the word use, when I say Use, is not really referring to “hahahah, Let me use My Haki Attack on Garp”, is more like, Just indicating in my sentence that Haki was at work here.

----

Spoiler: