Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Chihayafuru
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-02, 01:47   Link #1267
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
I have a question.

Taichi said he wants to become the Eastern qualifier but how can he if he's stuck in class B? I'm just a bit confused about the way it's all set up.

Anyhow, another good Taichi tuesday as usual . Nice to see chihaya get some time to shine again as well.
He said he wants to win the Eastern Qualifier but he never stated when ^^

Let me repeat that in case its still confusing. What he wrote in his text is that he "wants" to win the Eastern Qualifier (but can't this particular year - he obviously omitted writing that because it'd be too melodramatic and he just isn't the type to whine like that) so Arata had better win the Western Qualifier. If you think about it, he is not only challenging Arata but also encouraging him to win the qualifier as his friend. Do something a friend wishes to but can't kind of deal. Taichi is just awesome alright. Of course he doesn't know that his message was even more effective because of when it arrived but the message in of itself was as good as it gets. Its especially impressive considering it was an edit from a rather cheesy / plain one. I wish I was as good at editing posts I make ;_;