View Single Post
Old 2012-12-19, 21:07   Link #6715
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post

And there was poor me here thinking StrikerS was widely considered the worst of the bunch xD

Oh...and don't forget the ignored people who solidly consider FORCE the worst of the four seasons for that matter xD

...on that note, i am the only one who goes back an re-watched Season One to rediscover it's charm o.o? ..i did it some time ago (like half a year) and i found it quite entertaining and memorable. It took my mind away from the unecessary complexity of StrikerS and the clumsy execution of FORCE, for a good couple of hours. It was very refreshing n_n (Arisaaaaaa xD!).
Season One despite its flaws I think is better than StrikerS and I found myself going back more to it if I were to rewatch stuff. As I go on and on I think the bridge starts to grow wider and wider for me personally.

The thing about season 1 was that yes, there was bad lolicon, generic as hell monster of the week, and bad budget. And the TSAB stuff seems random and contrived. But thematically speaking it's also pretty clear cut; we're talking about Nanoha finding purpose in life and discovering what a magical girl is about, and we have Fate to contrast her. The final conclusion was that with Nanoha's supportive background, strong upbringing, and desire to change the world, that one could accomplish great things while at the same time Fate's lousy upbringing and dismal outlook held her back. But in the end one can see it's more about environment then a predestined course. Hence the name "Fate". It's extremely easy to get but simplicity is its own charm.

It's not the deepest thing, but then again this is the only season that involves Shinbo, and I don't think Tsuzuki was capable of doing that. XD

StrikerS had themes of growing up into adulthood via Nanoha and trying to pass to the torch to the young ones. Unfortunately it was dilluted in each and every way, and sadly our new ones don't even get to take center stage in the next incarnation. Sure it sold better, but in terms of "what's the point", StrikerS fails pretty miserably.

But that's off tangent anyways. I think StrikerS is better than Force though, but I'm hardly fair on that issue, considering the cross-media boundary.

In the end I like the franchise the best when it was less convoluted.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote