View Single Post
Old 2013-01-16, 16:20   Link #52
marvelB

Man, I wanted to give chapter impressions earlier, but I had a doctor's appointment. But now that I've got that out of the way:

Definitely an awesome chapter. Franky, Usopp, and Nami were all great here (even if the latter two WERE using cowardly tactics ). For the record, I already knew that B5 and Buffalo would be weaker than Vergo, but I figured that they might at least be something of a challenge for the mid-tier Straw-Hats. However, I will concede that BDK had a better idea of their level than I did. And besides, it's not like we've seen the rest of Dofla's crew in action, yet....

And yeah, I'm also interested in what the B5 combo was referring to with that "heart seat" line. It sounds like Law has a pretty deep history with Doflamingo. I suppose we'll learn more once the man himself arrives at PH, in that case.....

Also, as I already said in the opening post, I'm not even going to bother speculating that the mystery man at the end is an old character. Heck, when Vergo first appeared there were a bunch of people who thought he was Aokiji or Vegapunk or whatever and..... well, they were far off the mark. All I will say that I strongly doubt that he's Mihawk as well since the face doesn't match at all (as was already pointed out, his face seems to be pretty bulky like Jozu's). There's a zillion other ideas as to his identity that doesn't have to involve him being a preexisting character. For instance, he could be another Wano samurai, another of the new Shichibukai who was recruited during the skip, or possibly the first representative of that "new species" that Oda hinted at during the Jump Fiesta (or heck, he could even be all three of those things at once!). I just don't see why we should waste time dwelling only on the possibility that he's an old character......