Thread: Licensed RahXephon
View Single Post
Old 2006-07-21, 08:25   Link #77
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

Send a message via AIM to the.Merines Send a message via MSN to the.Merines
I must say that back before RahXephon got its U.S. release, I was mostly interested in it because people drew comparisions between RX and EVA. Having seen EVA many times, I have been satisfied to say that the two are similar. IMO, however, they are different enough that anyone who would complain about RahXephon being a "copy" of EVA is trying to actually justify something else.

I felt like RahXephon was much better explained than EVA and much less deep, psychologically. The Dolem are pretty much totally explained, whereas the Angels are still for the most part mysteries throughout EVA. The Bahbem Foundation is also explained well (background, plans, etc) whereas SEELE is mostly just there to further the story and serve as the ultimate enemy.

I only felt compelled to look at the first couple pages of your comparisons, but I must say it seems you are grasping at straws. A lot of the comparisions I read are commonplace in anime, not just EVA, or are comonplace occurrances. Haruka/Elvy have totally different motivations than Misato. Waking up in a hospital after a battle, seeing the light above you first of all... These are also commonplace actions/reactions. Your website is very pretty, but maybe you should just present the idea and ask people to draw their own concusions, rather than force your point of view down people's throats.