View Single Post
Old 2006-08-23, 15:43   Link #26
MamoruUsagi

I know I repeated the recommendations part, I recommended that series to make it stand out from others. The Fushigi Yugi manga as a whole, all 18 volumes, is wonderful. The anime gives a different feel than the classic manga story. Fushigi Yuugi is a lot better in the manga. I read the whole manga first. The manga Peach Girl was very realistic, what everyone can relate to. The anime changed it. Ayashi no Ceres, the manga was very emotional, the anime of Ceres takes out the whole story A lot of great manga are animated, which makes a lot of fans view it in a certain way. Marmalade Boy, though, had a lot of things in the anime that should have been included in the manga, a follow up to the finale, more couple moments. However, the manga ending was much more emotional. Sailor Moon was wonderful in both versions. Both the anime and the manga and the live action version were very different, but both were wonderful and special.

I think that the author can list whatever series he feels fit his genre. While I've read lots of romance manga and watched lots of romance anime, and while all that I've read and watched weren't on his list, he has a right to say what he feels are series which fit his genre. However, he didn't list shoujo titles, as the person before said. Shoujo titles are the best for deep romance. Like Absolute Boyfriend is more romantic than Chobits or Ah! My Goddess or Video Girl Ai or Rizelmine or Shugogetten, while it uses a similar theme, shoujo series are almost always more romantic than shounen series using the same theme, because of it's style. If you take a shoujo series and a shounen series with a similar theme, as I mentioned, the shoujo series will include more kisses, more relationship development as boyfriend and girlfriend, many times marriage, engagement, romance and sex. Shounen series usually don't go as far into a series as shoujo. I'm a fan of deep romances with lots of kisses, engagement, marriage, so I read almost every romance title that is in the shoujo genre. What makes it shoujo is that the love interests are boys. It's when the main character, a girl falls in love with a boy is when it's shoujo. Shounen is the opposite. The main character's gender can tell whether it's shoujo or shounen. However, a couple series do change the rule.

I know that I repeated sentence structures and wordings. I just want to make sure certain recomendations were seen over others.

Last edited by MamoruUsagi; 2006-08-23 at 15:56.