View Single Post
Old 2007-05-18, 11:14   Link #3190
Yami Leto
Servant of Hayate-sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
True there is a lot of support for Erio and Caro. It's a young pairing so they need some backup in order to grow. It's not like either of them are uninteresting, they have good potential to explore.

Wouldn't say screen time is the major part of it. Looking at how much support Chrono has and they haven't even shown him yet. Erio certainly made an impact within his first few moments in the show. With Chrono's disappearance, Erio has given a male character to stand behind. Considering within the first few episodes a pairing seemed to have been formed that's something.

It's sad but understandable when they introduce new characters there are going to be issues. Nanoha and Fate have a couple series of backstory and development behind them. They are going to suffer in screen time while the series tries to introduce and give some development to the new guys.

It'll take some time to finish that development. Once everyone has been properly introduced there should be some even screen time. Have to give the new guys a chance since they are going to get their chances to develop.
As with what you're saying about character development I agree. It's hard to get people to understand new characters without ignoring the older ones or losing out in story a bit. Honestly I think they're doing a good job so far. Though I've also heard that this series will be a bit longer than the others (I want to say it's 26 episodes this time but not sure). They might be trying to get the character development out of the way right now. So those that are hating it from lack of Nanoha/Fate/Hayate pwnage just keep watching and it might come.
Yami Leto is offline   Reply With Quote